Advanced Monolix workshop
Lixoft is running a 1 day hands-on workshop on advanced Monolix on Tuesday the 6th of June.
The course is designed for modelers with already a good knowledge of Monolix, who wish i) to better understand the methods, the algorithms and their options, ii) learn how to implement complex models, iii) improve their strategy for model building.
The course will consist of both lectures and hands-on sessions with Monolix. A dedicated Q&A hour session will be proposed.
I Methods and algorithms
- SAEM: theory and practice
- settings: number of iterations, automatic stopping rule, number of chains
- simulated annealing
- convergence assessment
- handling parameters without variability
- MCMC: transition kernels, automatic stopping rule
- Estimation of the Fisher Information Matrix: linearization versus stochastic approximation
- Estimation of the likelihood function: linearization versus importance sampling Monte Carlo.
- Bayesian estimation of the population parameters
II Model implementation and model building
- Joint modelling of PKPD data
- sequential and simultaneous approaches
- modelling different types of PKPD data (continuous, categorical, count, time to event)
- Good practices for model building
- interpretation of diagnostic plots,
- performing unbiased statistical tests
- defining and using the shrinkage correctly
- Working with censored data: algorithms and diagnostic plots
- Implementation of a longitudinal model-based meta-analysis (MBMA) model
Prof. Marc Lavielle is a Research Director at Inria.
Price per person
Industry: 600€ – Academy: 300€ – Student: 150€
+ 100€ if registration after May 4th, 2017
To be annonced