Longitudinal MBMA workshop
Lixoft and Marion Bouillon-Pichault (invited speaker) are running a 1 day hands-on workshop on Longitudinal Model-based meta-analysis (MBMA) with the MonolixSuite on Monday the 10th of June.
The workshop will alternate lectures and hands-on sessions. After an introduction to the goals, key concepts and mathematical representations of MBMA models, the setup of MBMA models in Monolix will be explained and exemplified using a longitudinal data set. In the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to practice the development of MBMA models and their use to answer precise research questions using two real-life datasets (longitudinal and dose-response). No prior experience of the MonolixSuite is required. Temporary licenses of MonolixSuite will be provided.
[AM] MBMA concepts
- Introduction to the goals of MBMA, examples from literature
- Data used for MBMA: examples of landmark and longitudinal aggregate study level data in comparison to individual data
- Hands-on: visualization with Datxplore of various MBMA data sets
- Mathematical representation of MBMA models, concepts and derivation, with a focus on the variability levels
- Demo: development (Monolix) and simulation (Simulx) of an MBMA model to assess the clinical efficacy of Canakinumab versus Adalimumab and Abatacept for rheumatoid arthritis
- Guidelines to set up and diagnose an MBMA model with Monolix
- Hands-on: development and simulation of a longitudinal MBMA model to assess the benefit of flare versus non-flare designs for naproxen in osteoarthritis
- Hands-on: development and simulation of a dose-response MBMA model to compare the therapeutic index of anticoagulants
- Demo: simulation of individual level clinical trials from MBMA models
Dr Géraldine Ayral is a multidisciplinary scientist with a main interest in pharmacometrics.
Dr Marion Bouillon-Pichault is a quantitative clinical pharmacologist focused on mathematical modeling. Graduated PharmD from the University Paris Descartes, France, she received her PhD in pharmacometrics in 2011 from the same university. She hold several pharmacometrician positions as a consultant or in pharma company in Europe before joining BMS in the USA in 2015 where she is currently a senior principal scientist in the Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology group. She is in charge of supporting the portfolio using innovative modeling approaches, in particular MBMAs.
Price per person
Industry: 600€ – Academy: 300€ – Student: 150€
+ 100€ if registration after May 4th, 2019
The prices are VAT exempted, it should be added if applicable.
To be defined