QSP and mechanistic PK/PD modeling workshop
Lixoft is running a 1 day hands-on workshop on quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) and mechanistic PK/PD modeling with the MonolixSuite on Tuesday the 21st of April.
The MonolixSuite offers an integrated and powerful framework to implement, fit, diagnose and simulate QSP and mechanistic PK/PD models. The workshop will alternate lectures and hands-on sessions. After an introduction to the goals and advantages of QSP models, the setup of QSP models in Monolix will be explained and exemplified using a representative data set. In the afternoon, participants will have the opportunity to practice the implementation of a QSP model and the estimation of its parameters from clinical data. The calibrated model will finally be used to answer precise research questions via simulations. No prior experience of the MonolixSuite is required. Temporary licenses for the MonolixSuite will be provided.
[AM] QSP concepts
- Introduction to the goals of QSP models, examples from literature
- Implementation of QSP models using the mlxtran language of the MonolixSuite
- Hands-on: implementation of a small QSP model and its simulation in Simulx
- Demo: setup of a QSP models in Monolix to estimate parameters using clinical data. How to include inter-individual variability, fix parameter values, and set Bayesian priors will be shown. Convergence assessment and options to improve the convergence will also be discussed.
- Hands-on: analysis and diagnosis of a larger QSP model: sensitivity analysis in simulx, followed by parameter estimation and diagnostic in Monolix using phase I clinical data
- Demo: use of a Monolix run to simulate new simulations
- Hands-on: the model developed in the previous hands-on session will be used to explore several phase II designs in several target populations
Price per person
Industry: 600€ – Academy: 300€ – Student: 150€
+ 100€ if registration after April 4th, 2020
The prices are VAT exempted, it should be added if applicable.